Friday, September 22, 2006

Swiper, No Swiping!!!

They moved me to a different area of customer service now. I still get general calls on people's health insurance every once in a while, but mainly I am taking Cafeteria Plan calls. A Cafeteria Plan is where someone elects to have a portion of each paycheck to be placed in a medical savings account. The benefit of it is its tax free and they can use the whole allotted amount for the year up front.

The problem with this whole plan is we give people a Visa card to pull money out of the account, but because it's tax free the IRS has guidelines that they have to send in a receipt for every single card swipe to make sure it was a valid medical expense. Hardly anyone saves these receipts. We will send out letters for 4 months asking for the receipts and if we don't receive them we deactivate the Visa card. This ticks people off and they act like we're some horrible company when its no ones fault but theirs. Whats really funny is what people try to do when they don't have a receipt...

"Morning this is Leroy, how can I help you today?"
"Hi this is Mr. Murphy, my Cafeteria Card is not working and I need to know why."
"Well from what I am showing sir there is a transaction on March 15Th of this year, we have sent you letters over the last 6 months asking for receipts and when we didn't receive a response we turned the card off."
"Where was the card swiped at?"
"Adam's Drugs..."
"I don't even go to Adam's Drugs!"
"Sir it shows every time you have swiped the card at a pharmacy it was at Adam's Drugs, you have used the card there 27 times this year actually."
"Oh, well this particular one on March 15Th is fraudulent I did not make that swipe."
"Sir that swipe was made at 10:15 am, you also used the card that day at Vision Center at 9:00 am and at Dr. Dre's office at 12:30 pm. You sent us receipts for those two charges."
"That doesn't mean I used it at Adam's Drugs!"
"Okay...So your telling me you went to Vision Center, then someone stole your card and used it at Adam's Drugs, then it magically appeared back in your wallet at Dr. Dre's office?"
"Yeah basically..."
"So your gonna go with that?"
"Better than what I was about to say.."

To this day I wonder what he was about to say to convince me he did not make that card swipe. I ended up sending him some fraudulent swipe claim papers that's like 30 pages long. He filled it out and sent it back to me. We pulled the receipts from the store and his signature matched perfectly. He is still saying he didn't do it.. Well, until next time, this is Leroy signing out.

6 comments:

Lilly said...

I would of told you that Swiper Fox from Dora The Explorer got my card, and put that on the paperwork.
I think that might cause a small ruckus in the fraud investigation unit. Here bitches, figure this one out! haha!
Keep up the good work Leroy! You're doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

I would have been like. "The damn Internets stole my numbers and learnded my signature thingy, damn that internets,". Good stuff keep em coming.

Mexigogue said...

Wow. I once got kicked out of a bar called Leroy's. For a minute there I thought you were them!

Anonymous said...

I filled out a fraudulent charge at Circuit City. It was right around the time I lost my wallet. Either someone used my card, or I forgot what I spent $200 from curcuit city on. At any rate, it was been a major pain to get that money back. Oh well...I don't know why I'm telling you this. Probably just so you know that I AM reading your blog you whiney baby.

MrsTito said...

Oh man...

I have a 2 year old, that's my excuse. What's yours?

Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your service-rep.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer