Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Morning Woody!

A long time ago in a far far away place I worked at Arby's, a fast food restraunt. It was about a week after the movie Toy Story came out and we had toys in our kid's meals promoting the movie. All we got were Buzz Lightyears. It was about 15 minutes until we closed so I had everyone cleaning and I was taking orders and getting things together for the 1 or 2 customers we had at that time. Then this young lady came in with her little boy and his eyes lit up at the posters on the wall with all the toys shown on them.

"MOM! I want a Woody!"
I just shook my head because I knew this was going to be bad. The lady came up to place her order.
"Yes I want a numer one combo for myself and a kids meal with the chicken nuggets, can I get a Woody with the nuggets?"
"I'm sorry mam but I don't have a Woody...all I got is Buzz Lightyears."
"MOM I WANT A WOODY!"
" Just a minute son..Listen sir, he has his mind set on the Woody, I really need a woody if you have one."
" I wish I did have a Woody mam I would certaintly give it to you willingly, but I don't. I'm so sorry."
"Can I speak to your manager? I know that sometimes you can only release them at certain times and I want to ask him if he has a Woody hidden away some where."
"I am the manager and I can assure you that if I had a Woody it wouldn't be hidden, I would have it right out in the open, but I tell you what I can give you one of these posters that have the Woody on it."
"Well...that would work. Thanks for all your help."
I was glad to get out of that situation, I had to go wash my hands afterward because I felt so dirty but I was glad to be out of it. Well with my new job I figured I wouldn't ever have to endure such a situation again, boy was I wrong. For the last few weeks anywhere from 5 to 8 callers a day mistake my name for something else.

"Good morning this is Leroy may I have your name please?"
"Oh Hi Woody, this is John from Walanche Bank..."
Leroy doesnt even sound like WOODY!!!

"Good Morning this is Leroy how can i help you today?"
"Mornin' Woody!"

There must be some magical fairy or gremlin coming in on the line like those cheesy voice overs on movies with bad words played on public T.V.
"You stupid mother CHEESE." And it was a girl saying it but CHEESE was in a guys voice, maybe someone is going,"Good morning this is WOODY, how can I help you?"

I donno, but until next time, this is WOODY signing out.

1 comment:

Cookie said...

I'm so glad you posted on my site because as a former customer service rep (and someone who is still on the phone a lot) your site is quite amusing.

Since my name is Cookie, I never have people get the right name. It goes like this:

(Name of Company) This is Cookie..

Vicki?

Cookie

Becky?

Cookie

KiKi?

Cookie...

*pause* Cookie?

Like the chocolate chip.

Oh. *pause* HOW CUTE!!!