Friday, June 16, 2006

Leroy of the Dead

Usually I just talk to the cardholder or subscribers at work but recently they have trained me to take calls where the provider (or doctors office/hospital) is calling to check on the benefits for the patient. These calls are usually really blad and the people show no emotion and its a get on get the information get off type of call. Which is one of the reasons I havnt had much to post lately.

Julie with an OB-GYNs office called and wanted to get Pap Smear and general Routine benefits for her patient. So I told her at what percentage we would cover it and etc. So then she asked when the patient was effective on the contract and if they were still covered.
So I looked at the information she had had insurance with us since like 1978 and she was canceled... hmm... reason: Subscriber Deceased!
"Well Julie...the patients coverage did cancel on may 30th of this year. Is she coming in today?"
"Yes actually she is standing right here do you need to talk to her?"
"No but is this a sick visit or just her routine checkup?"
"Its just a regular checkup, shes actually pretty healthy looking. Whats the cancelation reason of the contract?"
"It says here cancelation is because the member is deceased..."
"Oh... thats odd let me call you back."

She never did call me back and I can only think of two reasons. The first is the lady called into work dead one to many times and they took her siously and canceled her insurance. Or she was a zombie and ended up eating everyone in the doctors office when they tried to give her a papsmear. Eww....

Maybe I should try calling in dead to work...anyways until next time.
Leroy

No comments: