Friday, June 16, 2006

Hi, Im dead!

I hate when people pretend to be someone they are not. People will call in all the time with a deep manly voice and say, Hi my name is Sue Walker, or a barely audible old person voice will say they are 18 and their granddaughter. Usually I can catch them at this when the say something like, "Well her bill..." or "Well She said.." And I'm like who is She I thought you were her? Then its usually quiet for like a minute and they say "Well Im her cousin and I have power of attorney" So I make them fax it to me. And some people will deny it and keep saying they are that person no matter what.

So Tuesday I got a call from a supposed Mrs Sanderson. She called and for a 95 year old lady was extremely lively and chipper. So I asked her what her date of birth was and address and blood type etc trying to weasel this woman out of saying she wasnt really Mrs. Sanderson, then I saw it...
"So Mrs. Sanderson, (if you really are the real Mrs. Sanderson..) how can I help you today?"
"Well I need to see why this claim on April the 8th wasnt paid for."
"Okay, Let me check that for you."
So I put her on hold and looked at the claim and it said it rejected because she was no longer covered on the insurance. Well that was strange usually I notice that on the front page that pops up. So I check and sure enough it canceled April 7th, reason of cancelation: Death. Immediately I think of one of my favorite T.V. shows, The Medium, where this lady that talks to the dead and helps solve problems that were left unsolved. First thing I thought was I have the power to talk to the dead and I need to help this lady get her claim paid so she can rest in peace.
" Well Mrs. Sanderson it looks like the Dr. Filed the wrong Date of service, so if you dont mind holding i'll call them for you and make sure thay have that correct."
"That would be great, do you need anything from me?"
"Well I know I am supposed to be helping you out and all so you can rest in peace, but I do have something I have always wondered, Is Elvis really dead?"
"Leroy, how am I supposed to know that?"
"Well you are no longer with us Mrs. Sanderson...I dont know if you remember this or not but you passed away on April 7th of this year."
"Leroy, this is Mrs. Sandersons daughter..."

Damn it all...I was hoping I would get my own primetime T.V. show on Lifetime. Maybe next time.
Leroy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bout time. <3 Delen/Voices

Anonymous said...

oh noes!! voices is posting on your blog!!

Run!!!

<3
Pookie