Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Jack and Jill Fell Down the Hill

Everyday I take anywhere from 80 to 120 calls, and usually they are people I have never talked to before. So I feel like I get a pretty good sampling of everyone who is in our fair country and I am sorry to say but the vast majority of people in this world lack common sense and are retarded. No offense to the vast majority. Now maybe I am wrong, maybe only the not so mentally gifted call me because they have more of a hard time understanding things and really need to ask these stupid questions. Thats fine, that is what I am here for.
I actually had a call today where the person called and said, "You know what...I answered my own question while I was on hold, nevermind, have a good day, goodbye!." I didnt even get a chance to respond but if I had I would have responded like this, " Why the hell didnt you hang up when you figured it out then?." I have even had people ask me for the phone number they just dialed to get me, I'm dead serious. I also had a woman today argue with me for 5 minutes that $2000.00 - $1196.00 = $4.00.
Then Jack called me about his daughter Jill. See Jill turned 21 this year and went down to Panama City for Springbreak with some friends from college. Since she is a full time student she is able to stay on Daddy's insurance. So when Daddy got an 800$ bill for an emergency room visit he was flabergasted at the expense. So I asked him why she went to the emergency room, he responded, "She was outside her hotel room with some friends when these two guys walked up and the two guys were arguing and all of a sudden got into a fight, one on the guys pushed the other one into my daughter and she was knocked down the stairs and had some serious injuries and her friends took her to the emergency room. I am only supposed to have a 50$ copay for an emergency room visit can you explain why I have an 800$ bill?"
" Sure hold just a moment for me sir."
So I pulled the claim up and noticed exactly what had happened as soon as I saw the claim. I knew that this wasn't going to be pretty and the only way I could tell Jack what really happened to Jill was if she gave me permission. But from looking at the claim there was no way in hell Jill was going to let me tell her father what really happened. So I went back in expecting the fury and wrath of Jack...
"Well sir I can only release information on this claim if your daughter gives me permission."
"Oh we are on speaker phone and she is right here go ahead honey..."
Jill: "Yeah it's cool go ahead and tell my Dad whats wrong with the claim.."
Me: So I confirmed it was her...DoB, Address, Social Etc... then say "So are you SURE its okay for me to release this to your dad?"
Jill: "Yeah I'm good."
Me: "Well Mr. Jack the reason this claim is processing this way is because of the diagnosis submitted on the claim, because it was related to substance abuse of alcohol it processed under ..."
Jill: "OH SHIT HOW DID HE KNOW THAT!?"
Jack: "Jill how did you fall down the stairs again?!"
Jill: "Oh God...Dad...I was..." *Click*

Please pray for Jill tonight when you go to bed and always think before you speak. -Leroy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha~ keep em comin i swear they get better everytime!