Friday, October 06, 2006

The Perfect Storm

I honestly feel for any one that had to suffer the effects of Katrina. I had probably hundreds of calls from Katrina victims and people who had family that were victims of Katrina. And from watching that Spike Lee joint I understand that many people are still suffering. With the Medical Savings accounts I handle now for a time we would "forgive" people if they were in a Katrina affected area and had lost their receipts. But a lot of times people like to take advantage of the system.

"Good Morning this is Leroy, may I have your name please?"
"Yeah dis is Mr. Wilbur, I was callin on that Cafeteria plan, where I got the Visa card and all."
"Right, I'd be happy to help you Mr. Wilbur, whats the problem?"
"We'll I lost some receipts in the hurricane and I need one of those forms so I can get forgiven for them."
"Oh, is this for where you used the card last year and don't have the receipts due to katrina?"
"Yeah that's it."
"Okay sir what was the date of the card swipe?"
"That would be May 27th of 2006 for 20$ and June 3rd for 15$, both at Wally World."
"Well sir..the Hurricane happened well over a year ago, I don't think you lost the receipts because of that."
"Yes I DID!"
"Can you explain how those receipts were lost?"
"When Katrina came it washed away my house and the receipts were in there."
"Sir, Katrina hit in August of 2005 I don't think it washed away your receipts."
"I says it did!"
"Sir do you still live on 555 Made up Road?"
"I've lived there for 5 years!"
"Sir that address is in Missouri, it wasn't directly affected by the hurricane and we won't be able to forgive you for that."
"Dangit, I told Shirley that wouldn't work..."

Maybe Katrina is the reason I can't find matching socks in my house. Until next time, Leroy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Lilly said...

I bet it was mz peachez callin'...

Anonymous said...

lol!!

i agree with anoymous!!

Anonymous said...

Of course Pookie agrees with me because I'm the great one-and-only Korais

Anonymous said...

I agree with no one. Just though tI would share.

Jordan said...

I finally found your blog, i couldnt remember what the name was and always forgot to ask. Now i have something to read at work since my boss never has anything for me.

Anonymous said...

Leeroy is slacking off!!!!

no new posts in over a month!

I want my money back!!

<3
Pookie

Anonymous said...

Slacker Leroy. I will reactivate my wow account just to camp you, if you don't write more.

Scatterplot Sorbopads said...

LEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOYYYYYY!!!